Very interesting… The Colbert Show revealed that the national average teachers salary has been much more than we all suspected. You can read all the dissection of the issues on HuffPost, but my point is, teachers make more than my husband or I do! Shocking! So why are we always hearing that they barely make anything? Check it out!
Well, I suppose its that time of year! I refuse to do a Christmas letter this year. Not lazy… so busy I can barely see straight. No Christmas cards have even been signed or sent out… probably will only happen for the grandparents this year but I wanted to recall a few good things that happened this year
- We have been working on our debt snowball… it’s slowly getting bigger and overtaking our larger bills.
|Baby rolling around in a pile of $100’s|
- We bought a newer Corolla, cash in hand, and it felt really great not incurring another car payment. Of course, we had to throw the cash on the bed first and let our cat roll around on it since we were too embarrassed to be caught on camera doing such a silly thing.
- My brother and his family came to visit briefly a few times this year as he took interviews all over the country looking for work in his new area of expertise, lineman.
- Put my life in my new sis-in-law’s hands by taking a motorcycle ride with her
|It was a necessity … we ran out of Monster|
- Mostly we spend time with family and friends whenever we aren’t working. This year we’ve been blessed to see two new nieces added to our extended family. They couldn’t be more perfect representations of their parents.
- As you can see Jonathan is feeling more like himself these days… praise the Lord
|My best friend|
- We continually rediscover what a treasure it is to just sit and talk to each other. I really did married my best friend
- Oh, we moved to a less expensive rental and applied the difference to our debt; we are getting far too responsible in our old age. (Speaking of which, it blows my mind we are both now in our 30’s!) Anyways, the best part is we are right in between Richmond Beach and Edmond’s Waterfront now and if I make it home in time, we get to enjoy a sunset together too. We are so blessed.
|Richmond Beach Lookout Point|
Wishing you an uplifting new year and I hope you find reasons to celebrate each and every new day.